Periodic SERVFAIL for TLD .BY

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Sat Apr 2 18:38:46 UTC 2022

On 02/04/2022 19:47, Dzmitry Shykuts wrote:

Hi Dzmitry,

> I have some questions about this situation.
>
> What causes this "address fetching loop"?
> Maybe it's a bug/future in the BIND software?
> Misconfigured .BY zone and its servers?
> Problem with root servers or TLD?
> Why does my server have this problem, but other servers don't?

It is *not* a bug in any name server implementation. It is a
misconfiguration in .BY's setup. On 30th March, I already pointed to a
link from the dns-operations list which contains a detailed explanation:

https://lists.dns-oarc.net/pipermail/dns-operations/2022-January/021501.html

Please read that message fully to understand the problem. It's pointless
repeating it here.

Regards,
Anand