[External] : Re: NS query on bind9

Sonal Pahuja sonal.s.pahuja at oracle.com
Wed Sep 15 07:40:12 UTC 2021

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response. Now NS query is working fine!!

But I have one more query-

we have our application to resolve e164 domain queries i.e NS, NAPTR and CNAME queries only. If user give any other query type then application sends RCODE=4(NOT_IMPLEMENTED) in response.
But bind9 is rejecting our response and sends SERVFAIL.

Attached is the PCAP.

Please share your views again on this. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sonal