BIND 'max-cache-size' Value on FreeBSD-13.0

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Mon Sep 13 07:20:12 UTC 2021

On 9/13/21 09:12, Borja Marcos wrote:

> 2- Adding a bogus 127.10.whatever to the spare Ethernet interface I am not using, per a previous comment on
> this thread about a memory leak due to interfaces with no addresses.

This issue does need to get fixed. Assigning random, unused IP addresses
to interfaces to avoid a memory leak is messy.

> So now I have two recursives running FreeBSD 13, one with libuv 1.41, the other one with 1.42. The behavior
> seems to be similar, I had a slow growing memory usage when there was no IP address assigned to the spare, unused
> Ethernet interface...

Will be good to check with you at the end of the week to see how it's going.

>   (even though I didn’t put a listen-on { any; }; clause.

This is weird. If you are not listening on all interfaces, why would
BIND care about an interface that has no IP address, then?

Mark.