Possible to condition a view based on the interface the query comes in on?

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Fri Nov 19 00:06:01 UTC 2021

Thanks for the encouragement folks, I forged ahead and I've got a
different error now:

    "response-policy zone 'rpz1.m3047.net' for view standard is not a
    master or slave zone"

That's the final denoument. There are several intermediate steps, such
as moving all zone definitions into the views and converting all zone
references in the second view to "in-view standard;" (where "standard"
is the name of the first view).

  * There are a total of three RPZs.
  * Two are utilized in the first view. (actually this is a lie)
  * All three are utilized in the second view.

and the "lie" is that the "unused" RPZ is dynamically updated in the
first view (that's where update requests are sent); I suppose I could
jigger that so that the updates happen in the second view. But the
stopper is that error message, and that RPZ is common to both views.

This is 9.12 FWIW.

--

Fred Morris