BIND 9.16.17-snapshot - testers needed - recursive performance

Erich Eckner bind at eckner.net
Thu May 27 12:35:01 UTC 2021

Hi,

I switched to the 9.16.17 release candidate yesterday and so far, it runs
well on my 6 very-low traffic dns servers (one of which is also
authoritative).

Only thing, I noticed, is, that it uses more memory than 9.16.16 on the
weakest of my servers (a 32-bit machine running archlinux32):

~14.8% -> ~20.4% (of 256MB total memory)

But this could also be due to different load - there is no real long-time
monitor set up for this, and I simply took some values right before the
change and have been monitoring the memory consumption since then.

I cannot really tell, whether the memory consumption is higher on the
other machines, as those circle around or below 1% and there's too much
noise down there :-D (but "10MB more ram needed" could well be possible,
as these other machines all have >=2GB ram).

regards,
Erich