Syslog with BIND on CentOS

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Fri May 21 10:44:36 UTC 2021

Hello John,

I think it should be possible to use chroot and have there custom socket
mapped directly to rsyslog.

bind-chroot should be available in CentOS, try running
named-chroot.service instead of named.service.

I have not tried it on real installation, but I guess it should be
easiest way to use arbitrary socket different than common one.

Regards,
Petr

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
email: pemensik at redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB