Update DNSSEC Zone

John W. Blue john.blue at rrcic.com
Mon May 10 02:34:57 UTC 2021

Hi Peter ..

How do you know your DNSSEC is working to begin with?

Here is a URL that I prefer to use that will help answer that question:

https://dnsviz.net/

What you are looking for is your to zone to be “secure”.

Since you are an experienced BIND admin .. any clues to be found in the logs?  grep for “unsigned”.

One option that appears to be missing from your conf file is:

zone "supercoolzonehere.com" IN {
inline-signing yes;
};

Which would achieve the result that you described below wherein a record is added and “rndc reload” is executed.

Good hunting.

John