replication time for dynamic records from primary to secondary servers

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Mar 31 15:42:54 UTC 2021

Cuttler, Brian R (HEALTH) via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:

> We are seeing a delay in the primary DNS server updating the secondary
> and would like to shorten that interval.

This is probably due to NOTIFY messages not working. NOTIFY is the
mechanism that allows primary servers to tell secondaries to get the
latest version of a zone promptly. I wrote some notes on debugging slow
zone transfers a couple of weeks ago:

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2021-March/104278.html

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot at dotat.at>  https://dotat.at/
Fair Isle: North 5 or 6, decreasing 3 or 4, then backing northwest 4