BIND 9.16.13 and Mac OS X 10.13.6 - problems with ./configure

Paul Cizmas cizmas at tamu.edu
Fri Mar 26 20:15:35 UTC 2021

Bruce, indeed the named is in /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/named.

> On Mar 26, 2021, at 12:20 PM, Bruce Johnson <johnson at Pharmacy.Arizona.EDU> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 26, 2021, at 9:17 AM, Paul Cizmas <cizmas at tamu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Ondrej:
>>
>> Thank you - I installed bind with brew.  It says it installed 9.16.13.  However, it still seems that I am running 9.9.7-P3:
>
> Make sure that the launchd plist for bind is pointing to the correct location of named. (probably /usr/local/opt/bind/sbin judging from the screen shot)

Indeed, named is in /usr/local/opt/bind/sbin.  How can I “make sure that the launchd plist” is pointing to /usr/local/opt/bind/sbin?

> If the previous version was installed as part of Mac OS Server, or MacPorts, for example that binary will live somewhere other than /usr/local.

Indeed again, the previous BIND, which is 9.9.7-P3, was installed as part of Mac OS Server.

Thank you, Paul