Dynamic zone update problems, continued

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Mar 5 21:18:43 UTC 2021

On 3/5/21 1:41 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
> Turne out to be a dumdum mistake on my part. SELinux was set to
> enforce…set it to permissive and voila! the .jnl file was created.

Ah.

That sounds like an SELinux policy problem.  SELinux /should/ allow
named to create journal files.

A non-default location may be an contributing factor.

> I coulda sworn I’d fixed that before...

I would not be surprised if a system update accidentally overwrote a
tweak to a SELinux policy.

If you can't tell, I prefer to leave things enabled at the security
posture they are at and provide exceptions for things that need to be
allowed.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die