Odd A record in our hosts zone file

Bruce Johnson johnson at Pharmacy.Arizona.EDU
Fri Jun 25 17:56:12 UTC 2021

I ran across these A records in one of our zone files:

;EXCHANGE STUFF
mail            1m      IN      A       xxx.xxx.xxx.52; dhbex1
mail            1m      IN      A       xxx.xxx.xxx.54; dhbex2

I can see that this is a cheap load-balancing for our exchange OWA servers, but what is the ‘1m’ notation? I haven’t been able to find that in my searching of the manual.

(We’re adding new servers and I need to make sure our DNS is properly set for them.)

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona