Using RRL to for TC=1 on all queries

John Kristoff jtk at dataplane.org
Sat Jun 19 18:03:27 UTC 2021

Has anyone configured BIND to force TC=1 responses on all queries using
RRL?    I'd like to do this for some experimentation and measurement
work, but maybe this just isn't the right tool for that job?

I've tried a number of configurations (e.g. slip=1, rate=0) and I can't
seem to make this work.  Perhaps it is not possible.

I believe I can do this with dnsdist or Knot, so I might use one of
those, but I was hoping I could accomplish such a thing with BIND
without modifying the source code - and I think RRL would be the most
likely way to accomplish such a feat.  If you've done so and can provide
a config snippet, I would be very eager to receive it.

Thank you,

John