Origin of reverse lookup

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jun 19 08:17:50 UTC 2021

Am 19.06.21 um 01:17 schrieb techlists at phpcoderusa.com:
> I had my ISP configure a reverse lookup years ago.  They say they no
> longer offer that service and there is no reverse lookup for my IP.

don't matter unless you try to send mails from your machine

> I keep running into this old reverse lookup and do not know where it is
> coming from.

from the ISP owing the network range

> When I run https://intodns.com/ it shows this reverse lookup and not the
> one I just configured on my local box.

whatever you configure on your box is irrelevant to the world unless the
owner of the network range delegates the reverse zone to your server
which is unlikely for most cases and impossible for a single IP

> Any thoughts on how I might resolve this or find who is hosting this
> reverse lookup?

"whois ip"