Windows support has been discontinued in BIND 9.17+ (Was: Important: A significant flaw is present in June BIND releases 9.16.17 and 9.17.14)

Richard T.A. Neal richard at richardneal.com
Fri Jun 18 14:08:26 UTC 2021

On 18/06/2021 2:48 pm, Peter wrote:

> Even BIND9.16.18 will not run on windows 10 same error

I can't reproduce this error - I've just successfully upgraded from BIND 9.16.15 to BIND 9.16.18 on my Windows (2019) server.

Do you see a more detailed error in Computer Management > Windows Logs > Application?

If your Application log is too busy you can also filter by event source "named" to remove some of the noise.

Richard.