My FC33->FC34 bind-chroot upgrade notes

Richard T.A. Neal richard at richardneal.com
Wed Jun 16 19:45:46 UTC 2021

On 16 June 2021 7:31 pm, ToddAndMargo wrote:

> Does this alteration at the top make it any clearer?
>
>     Note: at the command prompt, I use the following terminology:
>        # means run as root
>        $ means run as user

>     Inside a file, "#" mean it is a comment

Others might have better suggestions but the way I tend to do this is to simply prefix any commands that must be run as root with 'sudo', eg;

     $ sudo rndc reconfig
     $ tail /var/log/syslog

Thus it’s hopefully clear which lines need to be run with root privileges and demonstrates using sudo to achieve this.

Best,
Richard.