A question on logging

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Wed Jun 16 18:36:40 UTC 2021

Hi All,

In my named.conf

logging {
       channel update_debug {
            # file
"/var/named/chroot/var/named/slaves/named-update-debug.log";
            file "slaves/named-update-debug.log";
            severity  debug 3;
            print-category yes;
            print-severity yes;
            print-time     yes;
        };
            channel security_info    {
            file "slaves/named-auth.info";
            severity  info;
            print-category yes;
            print-severity yes;
            print-time     yes;
        };

        category update { update_debug; };
        category security { security_info; };
  };

Questions:

1) is there some pruning of old stuff mechanism to
    keep my drive from being over run with logging
    data?

2) If I want to comment out the section, is there
    a block comment that can be used at the top
    and bottom of my logging statement that will
    keep me from having to put a # in front of
    every line?

Many thanks,
-T