Deprecating BIND 9.18+ on Windows (or making it community improved and supported

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Thu Jun 3 20:45:54 UTC 2021

I am sorry, but I don’t follow. The catch is that the Windows support must be maintained for any new development and it doesn’t come for free. Sometimes we can’t even use what we need because there’s no support on Windows.

As an example - we are replacing the internal memory allocator with jemalloc for better thread performance and less memory fragmentation and just adding the library on Windows would be major PITA.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.