response policy zones (rpz) and views - memory consumption

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Sat Jul 31 20:04:55 UTC 2021

Jiri Hromadka <naxos7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to reuse already loaded rpz zone in memory for other
> views ? I know in-view is not an option for rpz, using one master /
> slave zones has same memory effect.

Yeah, in-view would be perfect, if only :-)

You might try setting up a view that only does recursive resolution and
RPZ, and configure the per-client views to forward to the RPZ view.
It's probably also worth configuring a small cache size limit in the
per-client views to avoid too much duplication.

Self-forwarding won't have amazingly good performance but you only need to
worry about that if you are running at many thousands of queries per
second.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot at dotat.at>  https://dotat.at/
Forth, Tyne: North or northeast 3 to 5. Slight or moderate. Showers.