query-source and listened interfaces

Xinyu Wang wangxinyu.leo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 06:19:54 UTC 2021

Should authoritative servers reply different way to each recursive
server IP?

--sometimes, yes. especially the FQDN is using CDN.

How would be served content different? Is there reason, why remote
authoritative server changes replies based on source IP?

--again, I'll explain this based on CDN cases. There might be tons of cache
nodes in a delivery network. The authority chooses the 'best' one by
identifying the end-users location. Most of CDN traffic are dispatched by
doing this, and the source IP tells the authority where an end-user comes
from.

Thanks.

Petr Menšík <pemensik at redhat.com> 于2021年7月12日周一 下午11:17写道: