Address match lists syntax, was Managing localhost

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 16:21:38 UTC 2021

No, there is no need to redefine localhost acl. It is built-in and
already specifies localhost IPv4 and IPv6 address. similar to localnets
(networks directly connected to the server), any or none names. Read a
great ARM documentation about BIND [1], it has section about ACLs
describing build-in names.

Just use localhost, whatever should not be served to outside network.
The best way to protect your service is to listen only to localhost
address however.

Cheers,

Petr

1. https://bind9.readthedocs.io/

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
email: pemensik at redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB