Trying again on SERVFAIL

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Feb 11 13:13:44 UTC 2021

Machines still fall over. They take the same amount of time to fix now as they did 30 years ago.

You still have to diagnose the fault. You still have to get the replacement part. You still have to potentially restore from backups. Sometimes you can switch to a standby machine which makes things faster.

I’ve seem day long outages in the last 7 days. They still happen. Personally I was happy the emails queued.
--
Mark Andrews