Scripting dnssec-verify - processing command output

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Feb 7 09:04:14 UTC 2021

On 06 Feb 2021, at 17:45, Paul Kosinski via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:
> It sounds to me like dnssec-verify is sending the output in question to STDERR instead of STDOUT.

Dnssec-verify sends errors (like missing /Bad/Expected lines) to stderr, it sends status warnings like "The zone is not fully signed" to stdout.

Easy to see that the output is by adding 2>/dev/null to your command on the shell and seeing what goes where.

On my system messages like

Zone fully signed:
Algorithm: …

appear on stdout.

--
BART BUCKS ARE NOT LEGAL TENDER Bart chalkboard Ep. 8F06