DKIM setup

Vinícius Ferrão ferrao at versatushpc.com.br
Wed Aug 11 16:56:17 UTC 2021

Hello.

Ve is Venezuela. It’s a country.

Alice is the selector name, you can have whatever you want.

https://dmarcly.com/blog/what-is-dkim-selector-and-how-does-it-work-dkim-selector-explained

For Office365 you should follow Office365 names which are selector1 and selector2.

On 11 Aug 2021, at 13:47, Bruce Johnson via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:

I’m trying to set up DNS records for DKIM in our system; we have a hybrid O365/On-Prem Exchange server and separate Mailman list server, all of which send email from our domain (and are in the spf list in DNS.)

I’m a little unclear on the syntax described here: (https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-00725 )

alice._domainkey.itverx.com.ve.    86400 IN TXT “v=AAAA…ZZZ”

Is alice, in this case, the server with the MTA and private keys and itverx.com the base domain of the zone?  IE alice.itverx.com is the server that is signing the emails?

what is the .ve. part?

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona