Does BIND supports ANAME RR

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Aug 9 12:20:50 UTC 2021

On 09.08.21 13:55, Klaus Darilion via bind-users wrote:
>But honestly SVCB will not solve the ANAME problem.  I will take years
> until all resolvers/client would support SVCB whereas ANAME would be
> implemented in the authoritative name server

recursive - authoritative server is not there to resolve remote hostnames, if
it doesn't provide recursion.
(well, it COULD try to resolve just as it resolves NS IPS for sending
notifies, but that's different).

resolving on authoritative server could in fact help, and wouldn't need protocol
change at all, but the problem above is crucial (what would you do in case
of failure? refuse whole zone?)

> and hence would work for
> every client/resolver as client/resolver never sees the ANAME but only the
> A/AAAA record.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.