Bind9 weighted load balancing

Kevin Darcy kevin.darcy at stellantis.com
Fri Apr 30 20:00:24 UTC 2021

[ Classification Level: GENERAL BUSINESS ]

Duplicate RRs are suppressed, as per the standards.

RFC 2181, Section 5:

Each DNS Resource Record (RR) has a label, class, type, and data.  It
   is meaningless for two records to ever have label, class, type and
   data all equal - servers should suppress such duplicates if
   encountered

That being said, a DNS-based load-balancer can probably do what you're
looking for.

                                            - Kevin