Deprecating BIND 9.18+ on Windows (or making it community improved and supported)

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Thu Apr 29 13:56:59 UTC 2021

> On 29. 4. 2021, at 15:42, Timothe Litt <litt at acm.org> wrote:
>
> Would reducing support to just the diagnostic tools be a helpful middle ground?

Not really. The tools use the same internal libraries for networking. And it would bring more complexity and not less complexity.

There’s no middle ground - it’s either making Windows the first class citizen or no citizen choice here.

Ondřej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.