Configuring the location of named .jnl files

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.avery.frey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 17:26:50 UTC 2021

Yes, I was using nsupdate to test my implementation. For security reasons
the directory that holds the zone file is readonly for named. So named
couldn't create its journal file there. I misinterpreted the reference
manual for the description of the "journal" command. Where it mentioned
that the "filename" could be overridden I wasn't thinking it could be a
pathname.

Just to clarify, I will be using the certbot client with the dns-rfc2136
plugin to receive my certificates.

I wonder why they don't have a dns-local plugin. It would be a whole lot
simpler.