Using RNDC to control remote access to my BIND server

Greg Donohoe dubgregd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 09:59:40 UTC 2021

Hello,
I have created a CI/CD pipeline in order to amend zone files using nsupdate
based on a front end user request. This portion of the pipeline is working
as expected so now I want to be able to connect from my pipeline runner to
my remote BIND staging server and update the zone files on there with my
newly updated zone file.
I initially thought about using ssh from the runner to the remote BIND
server but this may not be the most secure way of connecting.
So my question is: Is it possible to use RNDC to manage my connection from
host to remote server and if so, how can I ensure complete security?

All input greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Greg.