Why are no notifies send?

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE
Tue Oct 20 14:54:09 UTC 2020

> Am 20.10.2020 um 16:02 schrieb Sami Ait Ali Oulahcen <sami at marwan.ma>:
>
> I don't see the part where the acls are used.
Yes, acls have nothing to do with the notify, instead they are used in an allow-transfer statement.

> Is "also-notify" meant to be "allow-notify" ?
No:
From bind 9.16 ARM:

also-notify
Only meaningful if notify is active for this zone. The set of machines that will receive a DNS NOTIFY message for this zone is made up of all the listed name servers (other than the primary master) for the zone plus any IP addresses specified with also-notify. A port may be specified with each also-notify address to send the notify messages to a port other than the default of 53. A TSIG key may also be specified to cause the NOTIFY to be signed by the given key. also-notify is not meaningful for stub zones. The default is the empty list.

Axel
---
PGP-Key: CDE74120  ☀  computing @ chaos claudius