Bind stats - denied queries?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Nov 30 21:44:48 UTC 2020

Am 30.11.20 um 20:01 schrieb Marc Roos
> You assume incorrectly that every such log entry is from spoofed
> traffic.

every relevant one, yes

> This is about correct logging. Even if it is spoofed, logging the
> correct spoofed address is better than logging a range (that include
> ip's that are maybe not even participating)

there is nothing like "not even participating" in a /24 in case of
reflection

> There is only, but only one advantage I can think of, and that is
> grouping to one log entry.

no, it logs what it does: responses to that /24 are rate-limited because
otherwise you won't be able to reduce the impact

you still refuse to understand wo is attacker and who is victim! *you
are* the attacker sending responses larger then the request to the
forged sources

you are *not* target, you are part of the attack und you have no way to
do anything against that on a UDP protocol except rate-limit your