Does 'make uninstall' work?

Nyamkhand Buluukhuu nyamkhand at mobicom.mn
Thu May 28 01:59:24 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am planning to upgrade my bind 9.11.5 to 9.11.19 due to recently detected security vulnerabilities.
Since I compiled from source when I build my bind, I am wondering how I should upgrade.

Does 'make uninstall' command work? I have a source folder remained.
Or do I need to compile a newer version with a different prefix and make a link?

Which one is the safest way? If make uninstall doesn't work, how do you guys upgrade your compiled bind?

I appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you.

Have a nice day :)
BR, NYAMKHAND Buluukhuu

Engineer
TPD/ETSD

UNESCO street - 28, MPM Complex

Ulaanbaatar -14220, Mongolia

Mobile:   (976) 94081017
Web:       www.mobicom.mn<http://www.newcom.mn/>

Before you start - Be safety smart

[cid:6a3430f5-0641-4efb-9053-b69eafe085c4]