[Non-DoD Source] Re: Upgrading from BIND 9.14.9 to 9.16.3

DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) james.j.decaro3.civ at mail.mil
Wed May 27 18:22:13 UTC 2020

I ran  $ export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig  and pkg-config --list-all | grep libuv   and got the desired results

Since I had tried so many casual fixes in the working directory, I decided to try over again so I deleted it and 'un-tared' the original bind-9.16.3 directory.  I ran configure with these options:
./configure --enable-full-report --enable-largefile --with-tuning=large --with-openssl=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --with-gssapi=krb5-config --with-libtool --enable-fixed-rrset

The configure ran with no errors (thank you)

Tried running make and it mostly compiled until the end when I got these errors:

ld.so.1: gen: fatal: libuv.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
sh: 9085: Killed
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `include/dns/enumtype.h'
Current working directory /tools/DNS_BIND/bind-9.16.3/lib/dns
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `include'
Current working directory /tools/DNS_BIND/bind-9.16.3/lib/dns
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
for i in isc isccc dns ns isccfg bind9 irs samples nulldir; do \
        if [ "$i" != "nulldir" -a -d $i ]; then \
                echo "making all in `pwd`/$i"; \
                (cd $i; make  DESTDIR="" all) || exit 1; \
        fi; \
done
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `subdirs'
Current working directory /tools/DNS_BIND/bind-9.16.3/lib
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
for i in make lib fuzz bin doc nulldir; do \
        if [ "$i" != "nulldir" -a -d $i ]; then \
                echo "making all in `pwd`/$i"; \
                (cd $i; make  DESTDIR="" all) || exit 1; \
        fi; \
done
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `subdirs'

I am not sure why it will not create or find the directories from that code.   <ld.so.1: gen: fatal: libuv.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
sh: 9085: Killed>  libuv.so.1 is located in /usr/local/lib/libuv.so.1  --not sure why it will not find this since I added the path using the export command.

What am I missing please?

Thanks

V/R
Jim DeCaro
DISA
Systems Administrator
Windows and Unix Server Operations
FE222/DoDNet Service Section
Defense Enclave Services Directorate
☎ 301-225-8180
☎ 301-375-8180
James.j.decaro3.civ at mail.mil
James.j.decaro3.civ at mail.smil.mil

"If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got."