DoH plugin for BIND

Michael De Roover isc at nixmagic.com
Sat May 2 16:32:42 UTC 2020

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Until now I subscribed to the whole
business-only IP idea the whole time. I never thought that ISP's or
other mail servers would allow this (though granted, mine doesn't
discriminate either). Meanwhile Microsoft still blocks one of my sender
IP's (e3.nixmagic.com which was the last one to enter the set of edge
servers). Maybe phasing out my edge servers wouldn't be a bad idea then,
at least in the long run. My ISP doesn't change the IP address for my
residential connection as long as I don't reboot my router anyway.
Assuming that I check whether my ISP allows 25 in- and outbound first,
that could work.

On 5/2/20 6:25 PM, Brett Delmage wrote:
> On Sat, 2 May 2020, Michael De Roover wrote:
>
>> Even if your ISP allows it, chances are that other mail servers will
>> reject it
>
> Nope, not always.
>
> My residential-class static IP mail server has never had problems
> delivering mail. I've checked it many times over the years on many
> blacklist checkers and never had anything but green lights.
>
> Of course I have met all the email best practices for years: SPF,
> DKIM, reverse pointer, etc.
>
> Even though email is not secure, I still feel better knowing that
> emails end up in MY server via opportunistic TLS transport. and not in
> some Yahoo's or surveillance capitalist's data store.
>
> Underlying all this are my own DNSSEC-enabled BIND servers, of course.

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,
Michael De Roover