DoH plugin for BIND

Michael De Roover isc at nixmagic.com
Sat May 2 13:41:17 UTC 2020

In my experience and from what I've heard, very few. Even if your ISP
allows it, chances are that other mail servers will reject it, since
residential areas aren't really suited for and aren't generally used for
long-term mail servers. I would recommend against running your mail
server (directly) on your home connection. Here I rent 3 VPS's as pretty
much edge servers and connect my mail, web, Gitea and other servers from
there (possibly my DoT service as well since almost everything is
already reverse proxied with nginx from there). VPN connections are made
from all of those local servers to there but it's far from ideal (70
servers x 3 VPN connections each and you've got 210 total.. and that's
where I more or less screwed up). Nowadays I'd rather consider either
making my VPS's connect to my home, or make a single server be the
gateway at home that makes VPN connections to those VPS's instead.
Probably the latter since home connections have dynamic IP's too.. that
complicates things a bit.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,
Michael De Roover