Non-disruptive migration to dnssec-policy possible?

Håkan Lindqvist h+bind at qw.se
Thu Mar 26 23:26:48 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-26 23:00, Mark Andrews wrote:
> dnssec-policy should be independent of inline-signing.  If it isn’t then it is a bug.
>
> It just people like editing master files rather than using nsupdate to make changes.

Ok, thank you for clarifying what should be expected.

I guess that leaves the question of whether I am reading too much into
the new behavior.

In addition to my DNSKEY issues, I do get two new files when switching a
zone to dnssec-policy: .signed + .signed.jnl.
To me this seems like the result of inline signing having been enabled,
but maybe this could happen for some other reason?

As for "inline-signing no;" not working, that actually appears to cause
an error regardless of dnssec-policy, so that may be a blemish that is
irrelevant to the overall question.

Anyway, that just leads to:

parser.c:2836: REQUIRE(obj != ((void *)0) && *obj == ((void *)0))
failed, back trace
#0 0x55ec613030a3 in ??
#1 0x7f598d6eda90 in ??
#2 0x7f598d77d9ba in ??