dnssec-lookaside auto key expiration

Havard Eidnes he at uninett.no
Wed Mar 25 21:04:06 UTC 2020

> This was an accident - we did *not* do this on purpose - but infact,
> this is a good time for anyone who still has dlv.isc.org configured
> to REMOVE it from your BIND configuration.

This advice may be misunderstood.  Use of dlv.isc.org is usually
implied, not explicitly stated in named.conf, typically via

  dnssec-lookaside auto;

(or "yes").  This should (most probably) be changed to

  dnssec-lookaside no;

I don't have the cross-reference of what the default value has been
for this option up through the history of BIND, so explicitly setting
it to "no" is for now the safe thing to do.

Best regards,

- Håvard