dnssec-lookaside auto key expiration

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Mar 25 17:52:55 UTC 2020

Hello,

I unfortunately got hit by the key expiration or whatever just happened about an hour ago that caused the "dnssec-lookaside auto" command to crush all of our DNS queries.

I realize that it wasn't doing anything but we left the command in there because it had been in there and in the documentation it said it was harmless.

It wasn't harmless.

Anyway, I can't go back and time and make it harmless but are there any other timebombs coming up in the near future that people might not know about that they need to address?

Thanks,
-Drew