Bind 9.11.13 - inline re-signing stops

Matthew Richardson matthew-l at itconsult.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 17:20:57 UTC 2020

Firstly a big thank you to Mark and Ondrej for their assistance, which
tracked down the issue.  I understand will be fixed in the next releases.

My particular issue seemed to relate to the unsigned zonefiles being
touched (by my automation) without the contents changing, followed by an
"rndc reload".  This caused some domains to stop re-signing, the symptom of
which could be seen by the lack of "next key event:" in the logs for the
failing domains.

It turned out that "rndc reconfig" fixed the issue, making it easy to work
around the problem.

Best wishes,
Matthew

 ------