A And Cname-record

Chuck Aurora ca at nodns4.us
Thu Jun 18 14:29:29 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-18 06:41, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> Jukka and others,
>
> I would prefer if we didn’t scold people for typos on the mailing list.
> The typo
> in the message had no impact on the question itself, and here, we are
> trying
> to build community that’s welcoming to newcomers to the wonderful world
> of DNS.

Is it a wonderful world? :)

Anyway, the vast majority of errors posted here DO boil down to things
like
the typos and syntax niceties (trailing dot) that Jukka pointed out.
Granted,
in this case that was obviously an email typo, not copied exactly from
the
zone file, but I'd simply suggest that pointing out a typo is not
"scolding."
It's often hard for ME to see MY typos, because I know what I meant to
type;
but for fresh eyes they are much easier to spot.