nsupdate - adding large/split TXT record (2048 bit DKIM key)

vom513 vom513 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 08:11:43 UTC 2020

Hello,

Can anyone point me to an example of how to do this ?  I have a script that rotates my DKIM keys, and uses nsupdate to publish.  With 1024 bit - I must be getting by by the skin of my teeth…

When I try 2048 bit, the record is obviously longer.  All of my attempts of running it through the Rube Goldberg sed machine have failed - nsupdate chokes on format.

I see lots of blogposts on how to split long TXT records, but I specifically need the bits to make nsupdate happy.  The blogs all have these being entered by hand or through some web gui.  It’s nsupdate’s particulars that are eluding me.

Thanks in advance for any clue.