$INCLUDE Kexamle.com.+007...

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Jul 5 22:02:21 UTC 2020

On 05 Jul 2020, at 10:12, Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:
> @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
>
>> When a domain configuration file contains an include line for the key,
>> where is that include looking for the key file?
>
> ... good question, I have avoided having to find that out ...

Heh.

> So it sounds like "the current directory" is the answer to your question.

That would certainly explain why it fails then.

> However, I don't think you need to $INCLUDE key files. I think maybe that
> used to be a thing when signing a zone had to involve dnssec-signzone? But
> nowadays even dnssec-signzone will automatically insert public keys into
> the signed zone.

Ah, that would be good. When I resolve the other issue I posted about I will check that.

My configuration started in … um… 1995? I'm sure I should start all over with the 9.16 manual from scratch, but you know, I have all this TV to watch. 😃

> Does that make sense?

It does, and thank you.

--
It's against my programming to impersonate a deity.