Steps to reload zone files automatically?

Harshith Mulky harshith.mulky at outlook.com
Wed Jul 1 05:55:23 UTC 2020

Hello

Is there an automatic way we could use reloading the zone files rather than using rndc reload or named restart?

Any methods or links which can be shared to help us reload the zone files automatically once we make changes to the zone files ( cron methods or shell scripts)

We are running bind with version as below

# rpm -qi bind
Name        : bind
Version     : 9.9.5P1
Release     : 2.2.2
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Tue Oct 17 16:46:22 2017
Group       : Productivity/Networking/DNS/Servers
Size        : 747523
License     : ISC
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Tue Oct  7 04:18:01 2014, Key ID b88b2fd43dbdc284
Source RPM  : bind-9.9.5P1-2.2.2.src.rpm
Build Date  : Tue Oct  7 04:17:04 2014
Build Host  : cloud124
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager    : http://bugs.opensuse.org
Vendor      : openSUSE
URL         : http://isc.org/sw/bind/
Summary     : Domain Name System (DNS) Server (named)
Description :
Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) is an implementation of the Domain
Name System (DNS) protocols and provides an openly redistributable
reference implementation of the major components of the Domain Name
System.  This package includes the components to operate a DNS server.
sataradnsVM1:~ #