securing bind in todays hostile environment

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Jan 19 17:31:14 UTC 2020

On 1/19/20 4:01 AM, N. Max Pierson wrote:
> I honestly couldn’t tell you either way as I have not even begun
> to start to dive into DNSSEC.

I can recommend the following book from Michael W. Lucas / @mwlauthor
and say that it provides a good, actionable, introduction to DNSSEC.

Link - DNSSEC Mastery: Securing the Domain Name Service with BIND (ebook)
  -
https://www.tiltedwindmillpress.com/product/dnssec-mastery-securing-the-domain-name-service-with-bind-ebook/

Disclaimer:  I'm not associated with Michael.  We do pester each other
on Twitter.  I have tech reviewed some of his other book.

I've found all of his Mastery books to be packed with actionable
information and well worth the price (< $20).

I prefer to buy the books directly from Michael's site, Tilted Windmill
Press, to avoid the overhead & fees with thee other typical outlets.

Word to the wise:  Be mindful of the recent SHA1 chosen prefix attacks
when starting with DNSSEC.  This mostly means that you just choose
other, newer, algorithms to use when deploying DNSSEC.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die