Advice on balancing web traffic using geoip ACls

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Feb 23 14:57:11 UTC 2020

On 22 Feb 2020, at 18:25, Scott A. Wozny <sawozny at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I’m setting up hot-hot webserver clusters hosted on the west and east coasts of the US and would like to use Bind 9.11.4

I’d consider changing that version. While Bind 9.11 *is* still supported, it is EOL at the end of this year. If you really really want to run 9.11, at least run the latest patch level (9.11.6 should be coming really soon).

9.14.10 is the current stable release and 9.11.15 is the current extended support release. Unless you know something is broken in 9.14.10 (unlikely) that would be the version to look at.

You absolutely should not be running a bind version several years old, as 9.11.4 is.