Bind 9.11.13 - inline re-signing stops

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Thu Feb 20 17:07:50 UTC 2020

Hi Matthew,

we’ll write some generic instruction on how to get a coredump from a running named
(without crashing it) - generally you want to use gcore[1].

Then here you can continue as if the named has crashed and get us a thread stack trace[2].

As we need to access very specific data structure, please add the information to the issue
you have opened, and we’ll pick it up from there.  You can also share the coredump and the
binaries with us using pandora.isc.org service, but please be aware that the memory dump
can (and probably will) contain the DNSSEC signing private keys.

Ondrej

1. https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/1-gcore/
2. https://kb.isc.org/docs/aa-00340

Ondrej