Quick dynamic DNS?

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Dec 24 22:05:38 UTC 2020

TSIG, GSS-TSIG and SIG(0) are all secure mechanisms to update DNS zones.

MacOS uses TSIG to update the DNS.

Windows uses GSS-TSIG in active directory.

SIG(0) is in future work for home net updating records added on a first come basis.  It can also be used to update records added by other means as long as the KEY records where added at the same time.
--
Mark Andrews