RRL outcome on legitimate traffic...

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Tue Dec 1 14:24:50 UTC 2020

You need to look at the reply named sends when it trips and starts
limiting UDP traffic source from a given IP address.  It tells the
requestor to try again using TCP instead of UDP.

So if the requestor is a legit dns server, it will retry using TCP and
still get a valid answer.

Named does not blindly just drop traffic.

Lyle Giese

LCR Computer Services, Inc.