Cannot get nsupdate to work (for letsencrypt acme.sh client)

Brett Delmage Brett at BrettDelmage.ca
Wed Aug 5 16:21:01 UTC 2020

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020, Mark Andrews wrote:

> If I use the example zone on that page *no* errors are reported.
> If I modify restarchitect.com to have a A record at _acme-challenge.restarchitect.com then errors will be reported.

I certainly did get an error originally. I would not have found this
page if I didn't have the error message to search for.

After reviewing my command history I have concluded that it is possible
that I originally tested with an A, not TXT record, thusa causing the
error. Then I switched it, unaware of the difference to check-names.

Thanks for the in-depth 'proof'. I have removed check-names now and it
works as it should.

Brett