Strange log messages

Lars Kollstedt lk at man-da.de
Wed Apr 22 08:17:03 UTC 2020

Hi,

what do the following messages in loose combination mean?:

Apr 22 09:23:01 resolver1 named[1201]:   validating ip6.arpa/SOA: got insecure
response; parent indicates it should be secure
[...]
Apr 22 09:32:23 resolver1 named[1201]:   validating in-addr.arpa/SOA: got
insecure response; parent indicates it should be secure
[...]
Apr 22 09:36:08 resolver1 named[1201]:   validating ./SOA: got insecure
response; parent indicates it should be secure

Theses are the only messages where I get "got insecure response; parent
indicates it should be secure". DNSSEC currently seems to work properly, but
there was a bit strange behavior with `dig +tries=6 +tcp +sigchase +trusted-
key=/usr/share/dns/root.key SOA <Reverse-Zone>`, yesterday night that hint me
to this strange message.

I'm seeing this on all our resolvers and for a longer time already. The BIND
version I am running is currently 1:9.11.3+dfsg-1ubuntu1.11.

Anyone else seeing this messages, too? ;-)

Kind regards
	Lars

--
Lars Kollstedt