bind 9.11.2 - domain and subdomain with one zone does not work

mail-list-users at materna.de mail-list-users at materna.de
Fri Apr 3 09:53:02 UTC 2020

> why so much complexity to begin with?
>
>t1       A  127.0.0.3
>sub.t30  A  127.0.0.2

-----------------------
Well, in first place to make it human readable, if needed to look into the zone.
For some subdomains we would have entries for the subdomain itself, like couple NS,TXT,A,CNAME,SRV etc.
So with these thoughts, the documentation gives this as a valid option and it
worked in small scale on the testsystem, so we decieded to go this way.
If this needs to be changed, I need a reason besides of 'that is this way more easy',
because these zones get generated from an automated system and I need an
argument to get a permission for a change request.

Sincerely